Garbage, Recycling & Yard Waste
GFL Environmental East Corporation is responsible for residential trash, recycling, and yard waste pickup. Customer service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays. All service calls are directed to GFL at the following number 586-806-8944.
- Garbage/Recycling/Yard Waste can be placed on the easement after 6:00 p.m. the night before the scheduled pick-up but needs to be out before 7:00 a.m. on the day of scheduled pick-up.
- The maximum container size is 32 gallons with a 60-pound limit. Bags should not weigh more than 40 pounds. This also applies to yard waste containers and bags.
- The City sells 64 and 96-gallon garbage carts for residents to purchase.
- Garbage cart deliveries take 4-6 weeks.
- Use of City issued garbage or recycling cart is voluntary.
- Garbage carts can be ordered and paid for at City Hall, 27600 Jefferson Circle Dr. City Hall is open Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Garbage and Recycling
- GFL will deliver a 64-gallon recycling cart at no charge to residents. Call GFL at 586-806-8944 to place your order.
- Large household furnishings or appliances will be collected at curbside. Including, but not limited to, washers, dryers, water heaters, stoves, furnaces, microwaves, garbage disposals, trash compactors, heat pumps, water softeners.
- Any appliance that contains Freon gas, such as refrigerators, freezers (for safety, remove all doors), and air conditioners, may be set out at the curb on your scheduled day. GFL is responsible to have the Freon removed by a licensed technician at no cost to the resident.
Yard waste can be placed at the curb for collection between April 1st and the second Friday in December.
Pick-up will be delayed by one day if the holiday falls during the week. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there is no delay in pick-up.
Please check the monthly calendar to verify pick-up dates.
- New Year's Day (January)
- Memorial Day (May)
- Independence Day (July)
- Labor Day (September)
- Thanksgiving Day (November)
- Christmas Day (December)
Motor oil and cooking oil can be dropped off anytime at the DPW complex at 19700 Pleasant. Please put containers on the cart under the sign in front of the building.