GFL Environmental East Corporation Responsibilities
GFL Environmental East Corporation is responsible for residential trash, recycling, and yard waste pick up. Customer service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays. All service calls are to be directed to GFL enters at the following number 1-586-772-8900.
- Rubbish should not be placed out for collection in residential areas before 6:00 p.m. the night before scheduled pickup and no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of your scheduled pickup.
- The maximum container size is 32 gallon with a 60 pound limit. Bags should not weigh more than 40 pounds. This also applies to yard waste containers and bags.
96 Gallon Garbage Carts are currently out of stock.
- The City sells 64 and 96 gallon trash containers to residents who need a larger container for rubbish.
- Use of a larger garbage or recycling cart is voluntary.
- If you want a larger trash container, you can order and pay for them at City Hall, 27600 Jefferson Circle Dr. (just south of 11 Mile Rd). City Hall is open Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
Garbage and Recycling
- GFL will supply a 64 gallon recycling cart at no charge to residents. Call to place your order.
- Large household furnishings or appliances will be collected at curbside. Including, but not limited to, washers, dryers, water heaters, stoves, furnaces, microwaves, garbage disposals, trash compactors, heat pumps, water softeners
- Any appliance that contains Freon gas such as refrigerators, freezers (for safety remove all doors), and air conditioners may be set out at the curb on your scheduled day. GFL is responsible to have the Freon removed by a licensed technician at no cost to the resident.
If the issue is still unresolved, call the City Manager's Office at 586-447-3311.
- Yard waste can be placed at the curb for collection only between April 1st and the second Friday in December.
During a holiday, pick up for that day and the following days that week will be delayed one day, unless the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the following week is REGULAR pick up. Please check monthly calendar to verify pickup.
- New Year's (January)
- Memorial Day (May)
- Independence Day (July)
- Labor Day (September)
- Thanksgiving (November)
- Christmas (December)
Motor oil and cooking oil can be dropped off anytime at the DPW complex at 19700 Pleasant. Please put containers on the cart under the sign in the front of the building.