Tax & Water Department
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOUR TAXABLE VALUE IS $63,700 OR LESS, YOU WILL ONLY RECEIVE A SUMMER TAX BILL FOR 2018. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A WINTER TAX BILL.
- The 2019 Summer tax bill is due September 3, 2019.
- The 2019 Winter tax bill is due February 28, 2020 without interest.
- If eligible, you may apply for a deferral of the Summer tax bill once the bills have been issued. You will need to complete a Summer Tax Deferral Form and include a copy of your Homestead Property Tax Credit form (MI 1040-CR) that was filed with your previous year's Michigan income tax return. If you are eligible and defer your Summer taxes, these taxes are due on February 14, 2020 along with your Winter taxes, without penalty or interest
- 2019 tax bills can be paid at City Hall through February 28, 2020.
- Effective March 1, 2020, all unpaid 2019 taxes must be paid to the Macomb County Treasurer, 1 South Main Street, Mt. Clemens, MI 48043, (586) 469-5190, with additional penalties.
- Poverty applications will be accepted beginning February 1, 2019 for the 2019 tax season. You may obtain a copy of the application by contacting the Assessing Department at 586-447-3355.
- Effective June 14, 2019, all unpaid weed, sidewalk and other miscellaneous bills have been transferred to the 2019 Summer tax bill.
- Unpaid water bills that are 6 months or more past due have also been transferred to the 2019 Summer tax bill.