City of St. Clair Shores Facebook Page
We welcome you and your comments to the City of St. Clair Shores Facebook Page
PURPOSE OF THE CITY OF ST CLAIR SHORES FACEBOOK PAGE:
1) To provide local citizens with information about government programs, services and events.
2) To provide a limited public forum for local citizens to share viewpoints and engage in dialogue with one another on matters of public interest within the guidelines specified below.
CRITERIA FOR POSTING INFORMATION ON THE CITY OF ST. CLAIR SHORES FACEBOOK PAGE:
- The encouragement of illegal activity of any nature.
- Nudity or pornography.
- Hate language
- Adult entertainment
- The encouragement or depiction of hostility, violence or violent behavior.
- Obscene, indecent or sexually explicit messages including those with sexual overtone or innuendo.
- False, misleading or deceptive information, sponsorships and/or advertisements.
- Personal attacks and/or threats against any person or group.
- Language or information that is obscene, foul, vulgar, or abusive.
- Libelous, harassing or abusive statements.
- Information harmful to children either emotionally or physically.
- Cruelty to animals.
- Online casino gaming, gambling or betting.
- Third-party posting of non-public personal information without the person's permission or knowledge including, but not limited to, telephone numbers and/or social security numbers.
- Comments that are not related to the original thread posted by the City or another user, also known as “hi-jacking” or “trolling”. Users are encouraged to post non-related posts separately under Posts to Page.
BY USING OUR PAGE, YOU REPRESENT AND AGREE THAT:
1) You have read and agree to abide by the aforementioned conditions;
2) You are the owner of and responsible for any material you post;
3) The materials you post will not violate the rights of other people or entities;
Please, note that the comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions and positions of the City of St. Clair Shores, its Mayor, City Council, Administration or employees. Comments posted by users may not necessarily be correct; therefore, the City does not verify or support any information posted by users.
(Revised and approved by St. Clair Shores City Council May 2, 2011, February 21, 2012, March 4, 2013, August 19, 2013, Revisions recommended by Communications Commission September 24, 2014, approved with changes by City Attorney Robert Ihrie October 6, 2014, Approved by City Council December 1, 2014)