Returning to Court- COVID-19 Protocols
The 40th District Court is abiding by directives from the Michigan Supreme Court during the COVID-19 pandemic. At this time, most hearings are being conducted remotely, via Zoom technology. The public may view court proceedings on YouTube Live. Every effort is being made to handle other existing court matters remotely or through other safe means.
Per Michigan Supreme Court directives, the 40th District Court will be following a phased approach for re-opening to the public. The court corresponds with local health officials frequently and is taking proactive measures to ensure the safety of both staff and the public when planning for the re-opening.
The court will continue to update the court website with information and guidance as we move forward and begin to safely open.
Upon reopening (Official Date TO Be DETERMINED):
aLL VISITORS AND ATTORNEYS MUST WEAR A MASK/FACE COVERING TO ENTER THE BUILDING
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MASK/FACE COVERING, ONE WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU
ANYONE WHO CHOOSES TO DISREGARD THE FACIAL MASK AND/OR SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COURTHOUSE PREMISES
- When you arrive, all visitors must use the iPad Check-in system and sign in at the front door.
- Once you have checked in for Court, please return to your car to await a text message from the courtroom notifying you when the judge is ready for your case.
- Once you have received the text message, be prepared to show it to the front door security along with proper identification.
- If you do not have a vehicle, or your phone is not with you, please advise Court Security and use one of the socially distanced, marked spaces along the sidewalk to wait until Court Security calls you into the building.
- The court officer will take everyone’s temperature with a touchless forehead scanning thermometer prior to entry.
- Only parties to a case are allowed entry to the court. Anyone wishing to watch the proceedings may do so via YouTube Live.
Click here to View: Judge Oster's Court Room
- Attorneys are allowed entry with masks/face coverings.
- After screening, court security will direct parties to the proper courtroom.