The Historical Society of St. Clair Shores and the St. Clair Shores Historical Commission are seeking donations for our 'Build the Barn' Fundraiser. The Selinsky-Green Farmhouse Museum, located behind the St. Clair Shores Library, has been our local historical museum for the past three decades. John and Mary Selinsky bought the land that the Museum stood on in 1868. The house was passed down to their daughter, Ernestine, and her husband, John Green. Their family resided in the house until 1974 when it was purchased by the City of St. Clair Shores to be used as a historical museum.
The Museum represents the life of a farming family in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The Historical Society and Historical Commission want to build a barn to better represent the life of a middle class farming family. A barn once existed next to the house according to documents, photos and Selinsky-Green family history. By adding a barn where the Museum currently sits there will be more indoor room for events that are offered to residents. This will allow for the expansion of current programs plus the addition of more. If you have any questions regarding this fundraiser please contact the Historical Society of St. Clair Shores at email@example.com
Donation link: http://scsmi-net.3dcartstores.com/product.asp?itemid=19