The St. Clair Shores Mortgage, Rent & Utility Assistance Program can help residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The city still has funds available for households that meet assistance program requirements. If you or someone you know have trouble paying bills, the city can help with up to three months of rent, mortgage and/or utility payments.
To be eligible, you must document all the following:
- Resident of St. Clair Shores
- Proof of Income Eligibility (see Income Affidavit)
- Explanation of income loss due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Payments of mortgage, rent, gas, and electric to primary residence
- Rental properties must be registered with the city
- The resident must be living in the unit at the time the Program assistance funds are disbursed.
Persons temporarily away from the unit (e.g., hospitalization, family visit) are eligible for assistance.
To qualify for assistance, you must be a resident of this city, submit a completed application, and have an annual household income at or below the following table:
|Household Size||Income Limit|
How to Apply
Find the program form online (PDF) and follow the instructions to fill it out. Please submit completed applications (PDF Format) to Ken Blankenship by email at KenB@scsmi.net or stop by city hall at 27600 Jefferson Avenue, St. Clair Shores, MI 48081.