How do I get a drinking water filter?

The Macomb County Health Department is providing water filters to any residential household (regardless of service line material type) in the City of St. Clair Shores that has a child or pregnant woman and are not able to afford the cost of a lead filter.

The City of St. Clair Shores is providing water filters to residential homes that are verified to have a lead service line. First, residents must complete at Water Service Line Report that includes a picture of the water service line at the point it enters the home. Once completed and the material type is verified by the Water Department, the resident may pick-up a lead filter at the Department of Public Works, 19700 Pleasant St., St. Clair Shores, MI 48080. Only 1 lead filter per household will be provided.

Residents may call the DPW at 586-447-3305 to see if they qualify for a filter.

Drinking water lead filters can be purchased at your local retailer. Click this flyer to make sure you purchase a lead filter that will provide the protection you want.

Show All Answers

1. What does this “Action Level” exceedance and advisory mean?
2. How does lead get into drinking water?
3. How can I protect myself from lead in water?
4. Is there a simple way to see if I have lead service line in my home?
5. What are the health effects from lead exposure?
6. What is the City doing about this issue?
7. How do I get a drinking water filter?
8. Where can I get my water tested?
9. What educational resources are available?
10. Where can I get information to better understand drinking water filters?
11. Can you explain how to use a faucet filter that is certified to reduce lead in drinking water?
12. I've heard my drinking water faucet has an aerator. What is it?
13. Can my home be part of the community-wide sampling plan?
14. Who do I contact for more information about lead in drinking water?
15. Who can I call to report a water or sewer emergency after the DPW is closed?
16. How does a water main break affect my water?
17. What should I do if water is coming up from the floor drains in my basement?
18. Who is responsible for the water service line and sewer service line to my house?